And I heard a Wood Thrush overhead around 10 PM a few nights ago here in
Gardiner, Maine....

Jeff Wells

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 20, 2013, at 4:44 AM, "Ted Floyd"
<tfl...@aba.org<mailto:tfl...@aba.org>> wrote:

Hello, everybody.

A quick check-in here from somewhere other than the Cayuga Basin...  :-)

Chipping Sparrows are moving over Lafayette, eastern Boulder County, USA, in
the 2am hour right now, Saturday, July 20th. We believe that these are birds
bailing on their mountain breeding grounds for literally greener pastures in
eastern Colorado and western Kansas, where they molt. Regardless, it's an
annual phenomenon, beginning in mid-July (first nighttime detection this year
for me was July 16th), in the night skies over the Denver metro area, and it's
fascinating to witness.

Ted Floyd
tfl...@aba.org<mailto:tfl...@aba.org>
Lafayette, Boulder County, Colorado