Hello all,
I posted to Cayugabirds about analyzing 3.25 minutes recording  I did on
Mount Pleasant on 091209 around 10.30 pm, when Bill Evans gave us a night
flight call  listening practice. I looked at spectrograms and compared with
spectrograms of Bill Evans CD  and I think I come close to many birds but
some seem interesting. I am posting what I think they are.

In 3.25 min I had 32 calls, some did not have good spectrogram as sounds
were faint, but some were very good.
So here are my ids of the calls, but I may be way off. They are all done
manually. I was listening while looking at spectrograms. So some calls are
sticking in my brain now!

My ids are
Chestnut-sided warbler 2
Black-throated Blue 1
Black throated green 3
Ovenbird 3
Magnolia warbler 5
Northern parula 2
American Redstart 1
Canada 1?
One looks very much like Connecticut Warbler spectrogram!

I may be way off but was fun looking through each and every spectrogram and
try compare the energies and bandwidths.  I will post the recording as MP3
in movie maker to my blog sometimes later today and if anyone is interested
in seeing more spectrograms e-mail me I will send them as word files.
I was just listening to another cut of 4.25 minutes that was after 11.30 PM
I think and lot more interesting.

May be if see something interesting i see I will post.
http://meenaharibal.blogspot.com/

Happy listening!

Meena Haribal
Ithaca NY 14850
webpage:

http://meenaharibal.blogspot.com/

http://www.geocities.com/asiootusloe/http://www.geocities.com/asiootusloe/mothsofithaca.htmlhttp://haribal.wikispaces.com/space/showimage/wildwest+trip+August+2007+.pdf

Current Loc: 42o 25' 44.48" N, 76o 28' 16.90" W Elev 816 ft or 248.7 m
Formerly: 19o 0' 41,65" N, 72o 51' 13.02" E Elev 33 ft or 10m