Greetings,

Just an FYI regarding something I found today. I had initially installed on
Ubuntu 11.10 and thus my install was running perl 5.12 with rrdtool 1.4.7. Ran
the upgrade to 12.04 LTS today only to discover that the RRDs.pm module ended
up broken. The issue, apparently, is that just enough has changed in perl
5.14.2 (which is what comes on 12.04) that the previously compiled stuff wasn't
happy. (Also note that I had to custom-compile RRDtool originally because I
couldn't get the version that came via apt-get to function with nfcap/nfsen,
for some reason.)

Long story short, I flushed all of the old RRDtool install and recompiled 1.4.7
from source and this repaired it. I don't know if anyone else had run into
this, but just in case...

Chris R. Mallow, CISSP, GCFA, ACE
IT Forensic Analyst - CSIRT
The University of Oklahoma