On 26/10/2012 8:05 πμ, Peter Haag wrote:

> So far nbar is not implemented, however can be done, if there is a user
> demand.
> I would need flow traces ( full pcap dumps of flow exports ) in order to
> to implement this feature. So feel free to send me them off list.
>
> As for the predefined filters - I'd happily integrate them, but would need
> user feedback, what they want to see going into the defaults.

Thank you Peter,

I'll send you pcap flows which should include nbar data. That would be
classic nbar (available from IOS 12.x), not Flexible Netflow nbar data,
available (optionally) from IOS 15+ (we still don't have IOS 15+).

As for the filters, below are some basic ones, drawn from a Cisco router.

I would think that a plugin might be a convenient way to do aggregate
analysis. In the simplest form, the user would just select an IP address
and a time range, and it would output all known protocols "talked",
together with the associated peers and the total traffic between the
selected IP address and each one of them (inbound/outbound -separately)
per protocol.

#sh ip nbar port-map gnutella
port-map gnutella                 udp 6346 6347 6348
port-map gnutella                 tcp 6346 6347 6348 6349 6355 5634
#
#sh ip nbar port-map edonkey
port-map edonkey                  tcp 4662
#
#sh ip nbar port-map fasttrack
port-map fasttrack                tcp 1214
#
#sh ip nbar port-map imap
port-map imap                     udp 143 220
port-map imap                     tcp 143 220
#
#sh ip nbar port-map pop3
port-map pop3                     udp 110
port-map pop3                     tcp 110
#
#sh ip nbar port-map smtp
port-map smtp                     tcp 25
#
#sh ip nbar port-map ftp
port-map ftp                      tcp 21
#
#sh ip nbar port-map ssh
port-map ssh                      tcp 22
#
#sh ip nbar port-map h323
port-map h323                     udp 1300 1718 1719 1720 11720
port-map h323                     tcp 1300 1718 1719 1720 11000 - 11999
#
#sh ip nbar port-map http
port-map http                     tcp 80
#
#sh ip nbar port-map sip
port-map sip                      udp 5060
port-map sip                      tcp 5060
#
#sh ip nbar port-map secure-http
port-map secure-http              tcp 443
#
#sh ip nbar port-map secure-ftp
port-map secure-ftp               tcp 990
#
#sh ip nbar port-map secure-imap
port-map secure-imap              udp 585 993
port-map secure-imap              tcp 585 993
#
#sh ip nbar port-map secure-pop3
port-map secure-pop3              udp 995
port-map secure-pop3              tcp 995
#
#sh ip nbar port-map secure-ldap
port-map secure-ldap              udp 636
port-map secure-ldap              tcp 636
#
#sh ip nbar port-map ldap
port-map ldap                     udp 389
port-map ldap                     tcp 389
#
#sh ip nbar port-map sqlnet
port-map sqlnet                   tcp 1521

Best regards,
Nick