On 2012-12-22, at 5:49 AM, Peter Haag <ph...@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> nfdump supports both type of AS numbers. The first pair as src/dst AS
> the second as next/prev AS, however they are not the same. It depends,
> what tags your nox exports. ASes are suppoerted as 2 or 4 bytes.
>
> Hope, this helps

Indeed it does.  I was looking at the nfdump section at
http://nfdump.sourceforge.net and referencing the manual page according to what
was listed there instead of looking at the manual page exclusively.

So now I'm able to use nfdump -A nextas,prevas and see the AS info, however I
can't seem to find the -s flag to generate statistics based on nextas,prevas or
the -o flag to use those tags in any sort of custom output.  I suppose for the
latter I can custom compile per the man page, but I don't know what to do about
the -s bits.

Also, nextas and prevas don't seem to be the fields I'm after.  What I actually
want, I suppose, by definition, is srcas and destas so I can see the ultimate
source or ultimate destination AS of my traffic, not the adjacent AS; that
doesn't help me try and figure out who I should be peering with :) I presume
this is a Cisco thing then?  My netflow config needs to be tweaked somehow?