Most likely you are getting this because of how the RRDs used by nfsen are
set up. The RRD files are probably set to calculate the AVERAGE traffic
when compacting/consolidating older data. This is why for the newest data
you see the correct values, and as you go to older data you see less values
- because your peaks will be averaged out and in the yearly stats you can
see that in one day you had an average of 300k for that day (the 100M peak
must have been relatively narrow).

RRD is a lossy database, so there is no way for you to get the older data,
unless it also used the MAX consolidation function when storing data. If it
also used MAX, you can probably make a few changes in the NFSEN code to
display MAX instead of AVERAGE.

Anyway, rrdtool is your friend when looking into this.