On 3/12/13 14:50, Mitja Podlogar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have just started using nfsen and at this point I have added only one Cisco
> 7600.
>
> Everything looks great except that graph which is showing number of flows/s
> is not what I expected.
>
> On the graph value for flows/s is 140 but when I do a command "show mls
> netflow ip count" on cisco it shows flows
> between 3000-4000.

That's the active netflow cache - right? Depending on your timer settings,
active/inactive timeouts etc. you can have
many more flows in your cache than the rate/s.

> This is an output of raw file from nfdump:
> bps: 4.8 M, avg pps: 1481, avg bpp: 405
> Time window: 2013-03-12 14:13:51 - 2013-03-12 14:44:56
> Total flows processed: 37835, Blocks skipped: 0, Bytes read: 3031244
> Sys: 2.691s flows/second: 14058.1    Wall: 16.736s flows/second: 2260.6
>
> Can anyone help me with this? How can I compare values that router sends and
> server displays?

NfSen displays, what your router is sending. Maybe you have sampling
configured, and your router does not export
sampling information?

        - Peter

> Symantec Endpoint Protection 12 positioned as A LEADER in The Forrester
> Wave(TM): Endpoint Security, Q1 2013 and "remains a good choice" in the
> endpoint security space. For insight on selecting the right partner to
> tackle endpoint security challenges, access the full report.
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/symantec-dev2dev

Be nice to your netflow data