Without looking at the code, you can probably do this easily by overriding
the DNS names for whois.ripe.net/whois.radb.net/whois.apnic.net/etc to
point to your own whois server.

In a linux environment you could do something like this in /etc/hosts:
1.2.3.4   whois.ripe.net whois.radb.net whois.arin.net