The way this feature would work is to export the flows from a router with a
full BGP table. The router would do the complicated job of mapping IPs to
ASNs (via BGP information) and would simply export that information to you.
(Note: some implementations and bugs severely limit this in older routers -
e.g. Cisco 7600).

Since you are sniffing traffic, you would only have packet information
available and you would need to do the lookup yourself.

I guess the lookup could be done in multiple ways, but in the end it's a
question of performance - having to look up every source and destination IP
against RIPE or ARIN would probably put a big dent in your performance.
Most likely you could live with cached data which would be faster to
look-up.