Hi Peter,

Today I found some out that to make calling backend functions from a plugin frontend to work, the backend should have a 'run' subroutine. In case the backend doesn't have it, the plugin is considered a 'non-profile plugin' (that's what's reported when the NfSen daemon is reloaded), which makes sense. However, if a plugin is reported as such, any backend function call will result in an error saying that the plugin does not exist (i.e., "Plugin '<plugin_name>' unknown", Nfcomm.pm:907). I assume this to be a bug, as there is from a semantic point of view no reason why a backend should have a 'run' subroutine for the frontend to make a backend function call.

Best regards,

--
Rick Hofstede
University of Twente, The Netherlands