Hi Brian,
thanks for the feedback.
I could read the mail just fine but happy to send again as plain text :)
Many thanks,
regards,
Thomas

----------
Hi everybody,

just started dabbling with nfsen and netflow in general in order to display
VMWare dvSwitch data in librenms.

I have successfully integrated the base data flow from the switch into librenms
and now wanted to filter more relevant data.

I use this script
(http://www.linuxscrew.com/2012/03/15/nfsen-traffic-classification-breakdown/)
to generate the commands:

Unfortunatly I hit errors while commiting the profile:

ERR Error GenGraph: Profile: vcenter, packets-day: don't understand
'datahttp-out,-1,*'

This is triggered by  libexec/NfSenRRD.pm  line 287 (call to RRDs::graph)

From my understanding and debug attempts I understand that the syntax of the
CDEF line should be like

CDEF:http-out=datahttp-out,-1,*

It seems to be different (datahttp-out,-1,*( unless RRD::graph only pushed back
part of it.

The following is a stripped down command set to replicate

/data/nfsen/bin/nfsen -a Breakdown/vcenter shadow=1
/data/nfsen/bin/nfsen --add-channel Breakdown/vcenter8/http-out
sourcelist="VMdvswitch" filter="(src net 0.0.0.0/0) and ((dst port 80 and proto
tcp) or (dst port 80 and proto udp) or (dst port 443 and proto tcp) or (dst
port 443 and proto udp))" colour="#FF0000" sign=- order=1
/data/nfsen/bin/nfsen --commit-profile Breakdown/vcenter

Does anyone have an idea why this might happen?

I have

/usr/src/nfsen-1.3.6p1

/usr/bin/nfdump: Version: 1.6.12

RRDtool 1.5.5  Copyright by Tobias Oetiker <t...@oetiker.ch>    Compiled
2016-03-23 10:46:12

Thanks a lot,

regards,

Thomas

-----------

> Brian Candler <b.cand...@pobox.com> hat am 27. Dezember 2017 um 11:05
> geschrieben:
>
>  Please send your mail again without HTML.  All that came through was:
>

> Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2017 16:14:58 +0100 (CET)
> From: Thomas Rottig thomas.rot...@sysm.de
> To: nfsen-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: [Nfsen-discuss] nfsen/ --commit-profile fails
>
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>
> ------------------------------

>  Regards,
>
>  Brian.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / kind regards

Thomas Rottig

Zentrale: +49 (0) 6321 959781-0
Fax:          +49 (0) 6321 959781-19
Mobil:     +49 (0) 173 315 3877
Web:        [http://www.sysm.de](http://www.sysm.de/)

Deutschland: SYSM – Systemmanagement Service & Konzepte GmbH, Am Stentenwehr
33, 67435 Neustadt
Schweiz: SYSM AG, Tiefenaustrasse , CH-3048 Worblaufen

SYSM - Systemmanagement Service & Konzepte GmbH
Geschäftsführer: Michael Schwab
Firmensitz: Am Stentenwehr 33, 67435 Neustadt
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Neustadt a.d. Weinstraße, HRB 2561