Hi I have earlier posted here about I had the problem with saving an
Parent Child scenario when the Id's already had been given to the
Parent and Child during some circumstances.

I have tried the Save method but it only tries to "Save" the top
object in the object graph and not the children, there it seems like
it try to use SaveOrUpdate method anyway and it gives me an
StaleException, I would rather avoid using

session.Save(rootObject);
foreach(var child in rootObject.Childs)
{
     session.Save(child);
}

My question is if I can get NHibernate to check with an select query
before any new insert or update if there exist any row/object with the
given Id and depending on the answer uses insert or update.

I know this is an really ugly solution if you look at performance
cause one insert gives one select and gives us N^2 selects but I like
it more than using the code everywhere so I can save the rootObject
more "atomic".

Any other solutions are welcome.