I am in the situaution, where I have an entity with a component-mapped list.

<component name="UnitsOfMeasure" insert="true" update="true"
access="field.camelcase-underscore" optimistic-lock="true"
class="UnitOfMeasure+UnitsOfMeasure">
  <parent name="InventoryItem" />
  <set access="field.camelcase-underscore" cascade="all-delete-orphan"
lazy="true" name="Items" table="UnitsOfMeasure" mutable="true">
    <key foreign-key="FK_InventoryItem_UnitsOfMeasure">
        <column name="UnitsOfMeasure_id" />
    </key>
    <composite-element class="UnitOfMeasure">
        <property access="backfield" name="CanPrice" type="System.Boolean"/>
        <property access="backfield" name="CanSell" type="System.Boolean"/>
    </composite-element>
  </set>
</component>

This works well, I just put it here for illustration.

However, when I try to expose this as a DataService I get this complaint:
The server encountered an error processing the request. The exception
message is 'The property 'UnitsOfMeasure' on type 'InventoryItem' is not a
valid property. Properties whose types are collection of primitives or
complex types are not supported.'

Is there any way around this, even at a broad level (I do not have to use
DataServices, only it seems to fit the Rest+Query+Update bill quite nicely)?

--
Jan