My team has taken over a legacy software development that is currently
using nHibernate 1.2.1.4000.

It is installed in a location where it is trying to process data from a
database to a specified file format.  We query the DB for a cluster of data
to process at a time, and this usually is able to keep up with a typical
solution.  However, data is being inserted into this database at a higher
than typical rate, and the export is not able to keep up.

I found this group and suggested the 3.3.3GA as identified from this post:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/nhibernate-development/Yawii52R1g8

Are there any known, felt, or documented performance increases in the more
recent versions that can be realized?