Turns out I misspoke.
Where I did change the mapping from "Embedded Resource" back to "Content"
Microsoft VStudio must still be Embedding the mapping as a resource.
I find this out because I added another mapping, rebuilt, and the old error
came back "hibernate:Cannot compile".  And I thought it odd that log4net
didn't log it at all.  But log4net did log that it loaded the the
preexisting mappings as embedded resource.

OR maybe I make this stuff up.