The BasicConfigurator.Configure() will only log to Console, which can of
course be tricky in a web project. See
https://logging.apache.org/log4net/release/sdk/index.html and the other
log4net documentation at
https://logging.apache.org/log4net/release/manual/introduction.html

I would put the logging initialization in Application_Start in
global.asax.cs to make SURE it gets done before anything interesting that
needs to be logged happens.

/Oskar