I'm looking into it.

My take is that if we're using (modern) MSSQL over ODBC we should set
dbParam.Scale = 3 if the DbType is DateTime and nothing else have bee
specified

For the lack of real bug reports showing issues on other environments, I'm
consider doing a somewhat hacky solution. It seems like it's more about how
the tests are written and executed, than a bug in NHibernate itself. But we
don't really want to change a massive amount of tests because then maybe
they wouldn't test what they were supposed to test anymore. Besides all the
work required.

/Oskar