Greetings all,

Another semester is underway at UMD! I am teaching undergraduate and
graduate NLP, so it's a good semester. :)

Over the last few months I've started using Twitter for "smaller"
tidbits of information. I'll continue to use this list for "bigger"
news and announcements particularly as relates to UMD, but if you want
to track me down on Twitter I'm @duluthted there.

http://twitter.com/#!/duluthted

But, In recent news that certainly merits attention here, we've had a
proposal to do a tutorial on semantic relatedness and semantic
similarity accepted by ACM IHI 2012 (in Miami in January).

General conference info...

https://sites.google.com/site/web2011ihi/

And a list of accepted papers, demos and tutorials!

https://sites.google.com/site/web2011ihi/contributors/paperlist

This is a health informatics conference, so we'll focus on
UMLS::Similarity in this tutorial.
(http://umls-similarity.sourceforge.net) My understanding is that
tutorials are free with registration to ACM IHI, so if you happen to
be planning to attend, keep us in mind. :)

More soon,
Ted

--
Ted Pedersen