Thus said Ralph Corderoy on Sat, 20 Jan 2024 16:00:46 +0000:

>     folders +OpenSourceML | awk '{l=length($1)}l>m{m=l;p=$0}END{print p}'

I see, I have one folder name that  is fairly long and as a result, this
double-space shifted things just enough to make it wider than 80:

https://git.savannah.nongnu.org/cgit/nmh.git/tree/uip/folder.c?h=1.8-release#n588

But, as you say, it does appear to be just coincidence. If I run folders
against the longer  folder name, clearly all of the  subfolders in there
cause the  lines of output to  exceed the 80 character  wide display and
wrap in the terminal.

Thanks for the nifty awk command to sort things out.

Andy