Hi,

My colleagues and I are running into problems using modelling and simulation
tools which rely on Rcpp (e.g. Stan, mrgsolve, PKPDsim) alongside an existing
NONMEM installation. The problem is that we have TWO versions of compilers
installed - one for NONMEM and one from the Rtools set.

For NONMEM we're using gfortran 4.5.0 installed in C:\Program Files
(x86)\gfortran\libexec\gcc\i586-pc-mingw32\4.5.0. (Running Windows 8).

When Rtools installs  it allows me to configure where the RBuildTools sits on
the PATH, but if I put it first (as recommended) then it stops NONMEM picking
up the gfortran compiler above, and NONMEM doesn't run successfully. But if I
put the RBuildTools further down the path, then it doesn't set up c++ as a
command line executable.

If anyone has experience at making these play nicely together without having to
hack the PATH, I'd be really interested to hear from you. While hacking PATH
variables is fine individually, it's not a recipe that's easily rolled out and
supported across an organisation... (Although I'd still like to know how you
might hack the PATH info to get this to work!).

Mike K. Smith
Pharmacometrics
Pfizer WRD, Sandwich (IPC 096)
Tel: +44 (0)1304 643561
LEGAL NOTICE
Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and may be
privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. Access to this e-mail by
anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or
copying of the contents of this e-mail or any action taken (or not taken) in
reliance on it is unauthorised and may be unlawful. If you are not an
addressee, please inform the sender immediately.
Pfizer Limited is registered in England under No. 526209 with its registered
office at Ramsgate Road, Sandwich, Kent CT13 9NJ