Dear All

We have an immediate opening for a Research Scientist / Senior Scientist
with a background in the area of oral / dermal drug product delivery and
bioequivalence studies. Experience is required in the areas of drug product
formulation development, oral/dermal drug delivery, biopharmaceutics, and
bioequivalence study analysis and preferably in mechanistic absorption
modelling in a PBPK framework. A systematic understanding of the impact of
various factors (e.g. formulations, excipients, and physiological
variables) on drug product characteristics is essential. The candidate
should be able to translate this knowledge into mechanistic model
development for which experience of, or willingness to learn, in silico
prototype models in an environment such as Matlab, or a scripting language
such as R, is desirable.

Evidence to show critical assessment of protocols and the ability to carry
out research independently will be considered a plus. The post holder is
expected to provide on-going customer support and, after training,
contribute to education and training activities, and client interactions
specifically related to the pharmaceutical and virtual bioequivalence
modules and to act as tutor on workshops.
The successful candidate will join an internationally recognised,
multidisciplinary research team, providing opportunities for further
development of knowledge and skills. The post does not include laboratory
or clinical work. We offer a unique and exciting mix of academic and
commercial environments which encourage regular attendance at scientific
meetings as part of our continuous education programs.

Requirements:
Essential
 PhD or equivalent experience in Pharmaceutical Sciences or a related
discipline.
 Possess a strong background in at least several of the following areas:
physical chemistry, formulation development, oral/dermal drug delivery,
biopharmaceutics, bioequivalence and mechanistic absorption modelling, PBPK
modelling, statistics/applied statistics.
 Demonstrable communication skills, as evidenced by presentations at
scientific meetings and publications in scientific journals, and good
interpersonal and organizational skills.

Desirable
 Experience in designing experiments; performing pre-formulation,
formulation development work and optimising formulation and familiarity of
oral and dermal products.
 Scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals.
 Familiarity with various formulation and delivery technologies and the
design and development of pre-clinical formulations.
 Experience in developing prototype simulation models within a Matlab or
similar environment.

Company Overview:
Simcyp is part of Certara, a company which combines sophisticated research
and development
informatics with the power of predictive science methodologies to span the
drug development spectrum and offer pharma a previously unavailable
‘end-to-end’ solution in the quest for improving human health. The Simcyp
team conducts cutting-edge research and provides consultancy, knowledge
integration tools, algorithms, modelling solutions and databases
(implemented in its globally-recognised Simcyp Population-based Simulator)
for a client base of major blue-chip pharmaceutical and biotechnology
organisations. Simcyp focuses, in particular, on gathering information
required for the modelling and simulation (M&S) of the individual
time-course and fate of drugs. We are on course to become the global
industry standard, consequently, there is a continuous requirement for high
quality people to join us, help in our expansion and share in our success.

Applications: Please send your CV, covering letter and the names of two
references to:
Email: simcyp.recruitm...@certara.com;  OR

Post: Recruitment, Simcyp, Blades Enterprise Centre, John Street,
Sheffield, S2 4SU, UK