Research Scientist-PBPK Modeler (To apply: http://bit.ly/32999_GD)

At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around
the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis,
Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring
life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and
management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy
and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first.
We're looking for people who are determined to make life better for people
around the world.

The Mechanistic Pharmacokinetics group within The Department of Drug
Disposition (ADME) is searching for a PBPK modeler. The Department of Drug
Disposition is a multidisciplinary group, utilizing in vitro, in vivo, and in
silico approaches to study the pharmacokinetics, absorption, and disposition of
new chemical entities. The scientist will function as a PBPK modeler, part of a
team responsible for providing innovative mechanistic PK models to drive and
influence decision making on drug Discovery and Development project teams.

Some of the key responsibilities may include:

* Evaluate and apply innovative PBPK/MPK approaches to translate and predict
human PK.

* Use modeling as a tool to help generate hypotheses, design better studies,
inform clinical plans and support registration.

* Peer review modeling work from colleagues as appropriate, ensuring high
quality standards.

* Provide expert modeling consultancy, training and support to others within
ADME and within the larger R&D organization

* Liaise with ADME, PK/PD and Clinical Pharmacology representatives to
communicate the assumptions, limitations, meaning and impact of mechanistic PK
models.

* Promote and increase the reputation of mechanistic modeling approaches both
internally within R&D and externally including regulatory agencies

* Provide training and coaching to scientists within the department to increase
mechanistic thinking and the application and impact of mechanistic modelling.

* Build a strong external network in the field of mechanistic modeling (e.g.
academia, consortia) and keep up to date with emerging literature and science
in the area

Basic Qualifications

* Ph.D. in PBPK modeling, Pharmacokinetics or a related field or MS and 7 years
or BS and 10 years or of applicable experience in PBPK, Pharmacokinetics
modeling or related field

Additional Skills/Preferences

* Hands-on experience in modeling software like SimCYP, GastroPlus,
MatLab/Simbiology, NONMEM etc. is required.

* Must have a thorough understanding of pharmacokinetics, ADME and PBPK
modeling and ability to communicate theory and concepts clearly

* Understanding of the implications of PBPK modeling and drug-drug interaction
simulations for drug labelling and the international regulatory guidance
pertaining to those activities

* Collaborative behaviors to build and maintain relationships with R&D
customers and the wider modeling community.

* Ability to influence, negotiate and communicate with both internal and
external stake holders

Limited travel required for conferences, external reviews, and regulatory
meetings.

Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status,
disability or any other legally protected status.

Gemma L. Dickinson
Director, Drug Disposition
Eli Lilly and Company
Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis IN 46285 U.S.A.
+1 317.209.5500 (mobile)
dickinson_gemma_lou...@lilly.com<mailto:emailaddr...@lilly.com> |
www.lilly.com<http://www.lilly.com/>
[LillyLogo_EmailSig2.jpg]
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message (including all attachments) is for
the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, copying or distribution
is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.