Dear Colleagues,

Modelling and simulation group at UCB is looking for an experienced
pharmacometrician to join our team.
The position can be based in Slough, UK or Braine, Belgium.

Preferred Background: PhD in PK-PD or Pharmacometrics with Drug Development
Experience.

Interested colleagues please send your CV directly to me at
pavan.vaj...@ucb.com or can apply via the link below

https://careers.ucb.com/job/Slough-Advanced-Modelling-&-Simulation-Expert-Pharmacometrician-Berk/545361101/

Kind regards
Pavan

Position: Advanced Modelling & Simulation Expert – Pharmacometrician
At UCB everything we do starts with a simple question: “How will this make a
difference to the lives of people living with severe diseases?” We do that by
connecting with patients and their families around the world living with the
physical and social burdens of severe disease of the immune system and the
central nervous system. Those connections offer new perspectives, drive
innovation, and offer the hope of a new generation of therapies that will help
to transform lives.
Help us transform patients’ lives.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people
living with severe disease. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend
the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in our
pioneering adventure?
Role Overview
In this key role he/she will serve as the Advanced Modelling and
Simulation/Pharmacometric Expert.  Working within a matrix team supporting
early (pre-POC) and late phase (post-POC) projects to deliver and apply
quantitative solutions to drive the delivery of the translational and clinical
development plan.
Working mainly outside the classical clinical/project team frame-work, dealing
directly with key individuals (Quantitative Clinical Pharmacologist,
Exploratory Statistician, Biomarkers and Therapeutic Experts) to scope the key
question/concept, plan a solution, and lead its execution and delivery,
providing an answer.
In particular, he/she will provide specialized pharmacometric expertise to
multiple projects, and will work within a dedicated team along with an external
network of experts to support the delivery of analyses, enhance project impact,
develop and apply new methodologies and solutions, whilst remaining at the
cutting edge in terms of expertise.

Main Accountabilities
•Accountable for scoping and delivering the pharmacometric strategy for
assigned projects
•Developing disease-based PK-PD models and meta-analyses to support
translation, risk assessment through various decision points (FIH, POC to PH3)
in the key (Immunology, Neuroscience, Bone) UCB’s therapeutic areas
•Providing analyses to support the recommendations for clinical doses and
dosing algorithms to the clinical and Development teams and in regulatory
documentation.
•Accountable for providing advanced mechanistic modelling support for
evaluation of key assets, prior to candidate selection
•Provide guidance to the quantitative pharmacologist on optimal PK and PK-PD
sampling for implementation in the various stages of development, and
subsequently perform the population PK and PK-PD analyses (safety and efficacy)
on a continuous and live basis as the project progresses.
•Evaluate the potential use of different technologies and approaches to support
project progression e.g. empirical approach, systems pharmacology, sparse
methodology
•Accountable and responsible for key technical reports (e.g. population PK,
PK-PD, trial simulations as well as sections of regulatory documents).
•Initiating and managing collaborations with external experts.

Technical Capabilities
Functional scientific skills, including;
•Physiological and biochemical understanding
•Mathematical/statistical skills
•Therapeutic Expertise
•Experience in pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamic modelling
•Non Linear Mixed Effects Modelling
•Knowledge of drug development and the application of modelling in the
regulatory and decision making setting
•Proficiency in performing data analysis and interpretation with several pieces
of software such as;
oNonMem and add-ons (PsN, XPose, Pirana, Navigator….)
oR
oPhoenix
oBerkeley Madonna
oMatLab

Essential Requirements
Educated to Pharm D or PhD (or equivalent) with demonstrated experience (with
examples of impact) in the conduct and application of M&S, preferably in the
pharmaceutical industry, consultancy group or academic setting.  This
experience can be validated via publication.
•Effective oral and written communication skills both within the expert domain
and effective with non-experts
•Able to communicate complex modelling concepts and results effectively to
other functions and project teams
•Strong leadership skills
•Efficient time management and organization skills
•Ability to work in a matrix team
•Ability to produce and present quality scientific papers at external meetings
and for publication

Pavan Vajjah, MPharm, PhD
Head of Advanced Modelling and Simulation
Development Sciences
UCB Celltech, Slough, UK
Email: pavan.vaj...@ucb.com
Mob: +44-7785-556322

________________________________
UCB Celltech is the UK branch of UCB Pharma S.A., a company registered in
Belgium with registered offices at Allée de la Recherche 60, 1070 Brussels,
Belgium, KBO/BCE nr. 0403.096.168, RPR/RPM Brussels.
UCB Celltech’s UK branch registration number is BR009137 and its UK
representative office is at 208 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire SL1 3WE.

(Ref: #*CUK0308) [Ref-CUK0308]
________________________________
Legal Notice: This electronic mail and its attachments are intended solely for
the person(s) to whom they are addressed and contain information which is
confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure, except for the purpose for
which they are intended. Dissemination, distribution, or reproduction by anyone
other than the intended recipients is prohibited and may be illegal. If you are
not an intended recipient, please immediately inform the sender and return the
electronic mail and its attachments and destroy any copies which may be in your
possession. UCB screens electronic mails for viruses but does not warrant that
this electronic mail is free of any viruses. UCB accepts no liability for any
damage caused by any virus transmitted by this electronic mail. (Ref: #*UG1107)
[Ref-UG1107]