All:  There are still seats available for the 2020 Minnesota
Pharmacometrics Summer School.  Our intent is to provide graduate students
and postdoctoral trainees an opportunity to increase their skills in
applying nonlinear mixed effects modeling, share data analysis experiences
with other trainees in a collaborative environment, and develop
communication skills in describing their work.  If you are interested in
attending you are encouraged to submit your application soon.  The link to
the application form is below or if you have any questions, please contact
Dick Brundage at the email address below.  Here are a few comments from
individuals who attended the 2019 MPSS.  Dick

I would like to express my sincere gratitude for making every part of our
stay in Minnesota exceptional. The workshop has helped me understand the
fundamental techniques of PopPK modeling, as well as exposed me to a number
of key notions and tricks. Indeed, learning these methods by myself could
have taken me long.

Thanks once again for the workshop and for making it such a great learning
and social experience as well, I’ve been to Minneapolis before, but never
experienced it the way I did with all what you have done with us. The
workshop has been a great success and has helped me get a better
understanding of the Pharmacometrics field, know where to find answers,
whom to read, and make significant progress in my modelling project.

Thanks again for the wonderful course, I am impressed by the way the course
was organized and the patience of the supervisors. I feel more comfortable
using NONMEM; I learned a lot and had a great time too.

It was a good opportunity for me to communicate with people from various
fields contributing to pharmacometrics.

Many thanks for putting together and executing a truly outstanding course!

The Pharmacometrics Group at the University of Minnesota is planning a
two-week, didactic/hands-on summer school covering intermediate modeling
and simulation topics.

DATES: July 13-24, 2020

LOCATION: University of Minnesota
7-115 Weaver-Densford Hall
308 Harvard St. SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455

TARGET AUDIENCE: The course is intended for PhD students and post-doctoral
trainees.

PREREQUISITES: Previous experience conducting population-based analyses.
The registrant will also need to bring a laptop with suitable NLME and
R/RStudio software installed.

FORMAT: The format will consist of lectures, hands-on sessions, group work,
and presentations, with a focus on a basic understanding of the topic,
implementation of appropriate code, and interpretation of results. MPSS
will be structured around R and NONMEM. Experience with PsN and Pirana is
highly desirable. Evening office hours for group or individual project
consultation can be arranged.

TOPICS: A variety of topics will be covered that are often beyond what can
be presented in an introductory course or workshop. Topics will include
simulation with mrgsolve; estimating parameter precision; incorporating
between occasion variability; mixture modeling; simulation based
diagnostics; covariate modeling strategies; and approaches to PK/PD
modeling.

FEE: There will be no charge for the program but students are responsible
for their own transportation, food, and lodging.

LIMIT TO ENROLLMENT: 20 registrants.

DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Friday March 20, 2020. We expect to have
acceptances to the program announced by April 20, 2020.
LINK TO APPLICATION FORM: The application form can be found here: application
form <https://forms.gle/L9Ltrk9MYee8aTwZ8>
or use the following URL: https://forms.gle/L9Ltrk9MYee8aTwZ8

HOUSING: A block of rooms at a University of Minnesota dormitory (single-
or double-occupancy) will be reserved (https://uces.umn.edu/halls).

Other campus housing options include The Graduate Hotel (
https://www.graduatehotels.com/minneapolis/
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.graduatehotels.com/minneapolis/&sa=D&ust=1579902519956000&usg=AFQjCNFO-eH8SjCY6Vx4k-sxzu5E1Olf0w>)
and the Days Inn (
https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/days-inn/minneapolis-minnesota/days-inn-hotel-university-ave-se/overview?CID=LC:DI:20160927:RIO:Local:SM-diwnct
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/days-inn/minneapolis-minnesota/days-inn-hotel-university-ave-se/overview?CID%3DLC:DI:20160927:RIO:Local:SM-diwnct&sa=D&ust=1579902519956000&usg=AFQjCNEMbQfcCSmuVkv0TLEHi7NYl8KrRA>
).

MORE INFORMATION: Contact Dick Brundage at brund...@umn.edu; or +1
612-624-3115

Richard C. Brundage, PharmD, PhD, FISoP, FCP
Professor, Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology
Distinguished University Teaching Professor
University of Minnesota
717 Delaware St SE; Room 464
Minneapolis, MN 55414
612-624-3115