Hello John
   Thank you very much for giving us those two tunes and taking on the
   rant rhythm which brings back so many memories of nights shared with
   the old guys. That particular set (done in reverse order) was a turning
   point for me in my piping career when I attempted to join in
   with Archie Bertram, John Armstrong of Carrick. Joe Hutton, Will
   Atkinson and Willy Taylor and, if memory serves, John and Kevin Doonan
   at Archie's house 35(?) years ago.
   The room was lifting, the tunes were pulsing and thanks to a mixture
   of surprise, excitement and inexperience with that style I floundered
   my way through them.
   Until then I hadn't a clue as to how the Hesleyside reel was played on
   home turf so to speak. I vowed then to get to grips with that way of
   playing 'reels' and to be quite honest it has taken me an awful lot
   longer than it seems to have taken you.
   Congratulations!
   Anthony