--- On Sun, 31/7/11, Gibbons, John <j.gibb...@imperial.ac.uk> wrote:

   Matt has argued an octave pair of drones tuned Gg will work for The
   Peacock/Mad Moll and other harmonically similar tunes like Cuckold -
   you want to show up the contrast between the Am and Cmaj in the first
   and second strain respectively.

   Hello John
   The quick answer for me is, I'm not sure I do but I might be open to
   persuasion.
   Might it be possible for you to borrow a recorder of some sort (cam or
   audio)  and let us see/hear what you mean?
   I know if I tried my heart wouldn't be in it and I'd probably not be
   able to convince myself but the sound of someone playing like that with
   conviction might open my ears and mind.
   I should admit much of this is above my head (dots are one thing but
   theory is even lower down my list of must dos in whatever time I have
   left - as some one recently said, talking about music is like standing
   with two young boys in front of a sweet shop and explaining to them how
   sweets are made).
   Give us the theory by all means but please sweeten the pill with the
   sounds to bring it all to life. The only way to learn traditional music
   is by listening, listening, listening then listening again - an
   approach instilled in me 37 years ago by John Doonan and corroborated
   only last night by Jimmy Little.
   I'm sure you have experience and knowledge to impart - it would be
   great if you shared it aurally and not just on paper.
   Cheers
   Anthony