Derek Lofthouse recently wrote:

   A question I forgot to ask though, are these 2 tunes played much?

   Hello Derek
   The tunes are popular in some circles and have been for some time. I
   remember Chuck Fleming leading us all with 'Peacock Followed ..' in the
   pub at Kathryn's (Tickell) 21st birthday party yelling "do it again"
   after each time through with words to the effect that it was a very
   enjoyable tune, the best Northumbrian one he'd come across (but not so
   politely put). We played it 10 or 12 times - it might have even been
   more.

   More recently I taught the same tune by ear to 150 youngsters at The
   Youth Summer School in Durham (Folkworks) with the words:

   Won't you come cuddle me, cuddy
   Now won't you come cuddle me reet
   Won't you come cuddle me, cuddy
   Just as ye did yesterday neet ..

   As for 'Small Coals..' it was also popular with the same age group and
   I did some 2nds for the nimble-fingered to do. I've got it as a
   pdf which I can send down the wires to anyone interested.

   Best wishes

   Anthony