Joel via ntg-context schrieb am 27.04.2024 um 19:16:
\starttext
      test\high{1}test\footnote{some text}
\stoptext

How can I create a superscript number that has exactly the same formatting as a footnote, but which won't create a footnote. I tried \high{}, which I believe should be the way to superscript text, but if you compile this, you can see the first "1" and second "1" have entirely different formatting. How do I make the first one have the same exact formtating as the real footnote?

Footnotes apply the \tx style to the number in the running text and to get the same text size with \high you need \tx before the argument.

Another solution is to create your own \high command where you set the text size as default value but now you have to pass \txx as value because by default \high already uses style=\tx. When you now combine the default \tx from \high and the \tx from the footnote you get the \txx size (which is used in the custom \high command).

%%%% begin example
\definehigh[fakenotesymbol][style=\txx]

\starttext

\startlines