Alan Bowen schrieb am 29.04.2024 um 19:37:
I used TeXShop and PopChar Pro to get the letter ר so that it is l2r.

Not a great solution but it works when one is working in r2l text. (Thank heaven for Unicode.)

I will have a look at Visual Studio Code.

I tested a few text editors with better RTL support and all of them show the text in the same way as TeXShop.

Support for RTL in Visual Studio Code seems to be limited because the editor doesn't use the Unicode Bidi Algorithm [1].

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Bidirectional_text#Editors

Wolfgang

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl /