I have found a few situations is confusing/breaking ConTeXt:
- Footnotes inside tables, figures, frames, margins (won't render the cited
item).
- Custom index items inside those items (displays "entry not flushed").
My workaround has been to define a size 0 font \tfz, then put it in a block
like this:

    {\tfz%    \starteffect[hidden]%
        \cite[author1912]    \stopeffect%
    }%
The problem this seems to create, is sometimes if placed between two passages,
it interprets a need to create two paragraph breaks:
\input knuth
    {\tfz%    \starteffect[hidden]%
        \cite[author1912]    \stopeffect%
    }%
\input knuth
It creates a paragraph break after the first knuth, then another after the
hidden text, thereby creating a "double spaced" break between two paragraphs.
Note the above code is used in many macros, so I don't have full control always
where it appears, but its making the double-spaced break everywhere.

Is there either (1) something can enter before this code that essentially has
the effect of "backup to the previous paragraph" or (2) some other method of
hiding text that makes it present on the page, but just not visible to the
reader, that won't create a double spaced break, or take up any space
what-so-ever?
--Joel

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl /