Yes,

I am using ConTeXt with Gentoo. Alas, I am just using the ConTeXt version
that gets installed with tetex.
I once tried updating and ran into some strange problems where texexec
kept running, producing lots of processes.
I tried getting help from the list, but, when posting from GMANE,  I had
to jump through so many loops until my request got posted, that I already
"solved" the problem by reinstalling tetex.
Still, thanks for the replies I eventually got.

What's the easiest way of finding out what new features are available
after texexec 3.1?

Boris.