On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 22:20:30 +0200
Willi Egger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The strange thing is, that on lefthandpages the inmargin text
> is typset in the left (outer) margin but it is typeset on two lines,
> indicating that the measures of the leftmargin of the righthandpage is
> used.

Does \showframe show symmetrical left and right margin areas?

I have a margin notes example on my help page. I define the right and
left margin areas explicitly like so:

\setuplayout[backspace=0.9375in, width=3.25in,
        rightmargindistance=.25in, rightmargin=1.125in,
        leftmargindistance=.25in, leftmargin=1.125in]

-Bill
--
Sattre Press                            Curiosities of the Sky
http://sattre-press.com/                    by Garrett Serviss