MiKTeX.

I've done this half a dozen times. This time it doesn't work.  I feel
stupid.  What have I forgotten?

Things were working perfectly.  I decide to update, so I download
cont-tmf.zip to \localtexmf.  Then I unzip, overwritting all the old files.
Then I update the database either using mktexlsr or the MiKTeX options
wizard.

But now texexec can't find texexec.ini.  But it's there, in
\localtexmf\context\config  (as well as \texmf\context\config)

BTW,  if I execute kpsewhich texexec.ini  it returns without an error, but
also with no information.  Is that right?

-gary