Hi,

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 11:23:23AM +0100, Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:
> It definitely doesn't seem to work here ...
> Just to clarify, the \cites[..] do appear with brackets, it's
> the list that doesn't have them. Using
Here it works (in the list), the only problem is is the spacing, if the
item has two digits, the number and the item touch ([22]R. F. ...).

> Tuesday, January 20, 2004 Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> >   \def\mynumber#1{[#1]}
> >   \setuppublications[numbering=yes,numbercommand=\mynumber]
> > should work. It definately works in (my) english version.
Well, I also only tested my English version.

Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:
> Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> > That's why I choose the bibl-XXX.tex files instead. Making a copy and
> > editing that is quite easy, or so I thought. (the documentation should
> > do a better job of explaining this, though).
> Patching a copy of bibl--xxx was the alternative way I
> suggested the guy with the problem. But I still think that at
> least the most common strings should be language-parametrized
> :)

While not objecting that words like 'and', 'ed.' and 'editor' could be
put in m-bib, I think there are so many combinations that it is not
feasible to add them all. Recently, I checked the bibstyle of the APS
and while they had two basic styles (revtex4/apspr.bst and apsrmp.bst)
there are several differences between all journals. bibl-aps.tex for instance
only implements the version for PRL (thank you Taco, for adding it!).

In addition, one can not translate certain words that easily. English
publishing houses make a difference between a new edition, minor corrections
and a reprint while German 'Verlage' usually bump the 'Auf\/lage' (well not
always for a reprint). There are more such differences which are listed
e.g. in The Oxford Guide to Style, but which I don't remember.

Tobias