Am 14.09.2004 um 11:17 schrieb Hans Hagen:
On TeX-D-L (german ML) was last week a dicussion about a PPCHTeX bug
(at least with LaTeX), it seems that the file ppchtex.tex lost its tail (ca. 3kB).
I told the user to ask at the PPCHTeX Mailing list, but he only got a message,
that the list was moderated.
what tail?

Sorry, I don't like to moderate between TeX-D-L and here (and will be off from tomorrow to end of September)...
CC to Thomas Meyer: Please care for yourself now.

Thomas Meyer wrote, some PPCHTeX code wouldn't work, the error message was:
"ppchtex.tex:3390: undefined control sequence"
He uses an actual MikTeX (again, only problems with this, we should mark it red in the wiki...)
His file ppchtex.tex ends like:

\def\cpos#1#2%
{\iftrialtypesetting
#2%
\else
\bgroup
\globalpushmacro\dowithchemical
<--------3390
\gdef\dowithchemical##1{\hpos{#1}{##1}\globalpopmacro\dowithchemical}%
#2%
\egroup
\fi}

\fi
\protect \endinput

Tobias Hilbricht answered, the code would work with his ppchtex.tex version from TeX Live 2003,
there line 3390 (second line from the end) had only a lonely "\fi", but the file is 3kB bigger,
but both show the same date of 1997-03-19 (I guess this date is only the creation date and not
altered at changes, isn't it?)

With Tobias' file it worked at Thomas.
Thomas downloaded the file from pragma-ade.nl, and it doesn't work again.

I told him to ask at the PPCHTeX list, see above.

Further Thomas wanted to draw seven-rings, and that seems not supported by PPCHTeX.