Miek Gieben wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to switch from latex to context and I'm trying to port the book class from latex to a context document.

Right now I'm working on the chapter def and I have:

\definetext[chapter][footer][pagenumber]
\setuphead[chapter][
header=empty, footer=chapter,
textstyle=bold,
numberstyle=bold,
numbercommand=Chapter ,
textcommand={\bfc},
after={\blank[4*big]}]

But this doesn't give a newline after the chapter number. If I change

textcommand={\bfc},
textcommand={\\ \bfc},

I do get a newline, but then the chapter title is not aligned to the
left side of the document? Even if I try to left aline this it does seem work. :(

What I'm I missing here?

use

\def\MyHeadCommand#1#2%
  {\vbox{#1\par#2}}