[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hello,

After a long period of "Context inactivity", I am again into document preparation.

I want to put the pagenumbers in a doublesided document in the outer margin. So far no problem at all... but I want the number to be placed in a 3cm wide grey box, wich I do with an inframed command within the pagenumbering setup.

This also works more or less, but (see if I can explain this in plain english without using figures !!.....) :

The grey box with the pagenumber aligns its inner border with the inner border of the outer margin.

What I want is the grey box to align its outer border with the outer border of the outer margin.....

Any suggestion ?

can you make a minimal file that we can adapt for you?

often it is possible to set alignments to

   align=inner

or

   align=outer

and such