This would be very nice!

In the case this is to happen, I would suggest to add the following tow books to the list:

Jan Tschichold. Ausgew\"ahlte Aufs\"atze \"uber die Fragen der Gestalt des Buches und der Typographie. Birkh\"auser Verlag Basel 2. Auflage. ISBN-3-7643-1946-1

Some of the articles contained in this book, which is in German, are translated into Ducht and English.

Phil Baines & Adnrew Haslam. Type & typography.Laurence King Publishing Ltd London. 2002 ISBN-1-85669-244-2.

Apparently there is a new publication "Thinking with type" by Ellen Lupton at Princeton Architectural Press. 2004.
http://www.papress.com/bookpage.tpl?isbn=1568984480 and http://www.thinkingwithtype.com/ A small book (156 p. 20 USD)

Willi

h h extern wrote:
Nikolai Weibull wrote:

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone has any books to recommend, mainly in the area
of typesetting, i.e., on TeX, typography, and so on.

i have a bunch but i have to admit that i'm more a browser than a reader; it's on my to do list to make a list of them

maybe we can compile a nice list of books with 'readers comments'; if someone collects them i can turn them into a (nice looking) document; it would also make a nice test for bibtex