Friday, December 3, 2004 David Munger wrote:

> Hello Giuseppe,

> I think I found a bug in the nath module. Try the following:

> \usemodule[nath]
> \starttext
> \[ e^{f(x)} \]
> \stoptext

> And by the way, fractions in exponents are typeset too big:

> \usemodule[nath]
> \starttext
> \[ e^{\frac{1}{\gamma-1}} \]
> \stoptext

I just hit the same bug working on my PhD thesis :)

Basically, the fix that I implemented to solve the problem with
^^ not working to access arbitrary characters when nath was
active causes this bug. A possible solution (as a quick hack
because for the moment I can't look for a better solution) is
to put

\appendtoks
\livesupsub@
\to\everymath

in t-nath.tex after the definition of livesupsub@ and
killsupsub@

Maybe Hans has some suggestion for a better solution: the
problem is that the mathcode is ignored for characters with
code 7 or 8 (sup- or subscript). So I'm currently changing the
catcode of ^ and _ when entering mathmode.

Ideas?

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta