Am Do, den 30.12.2004 schrieb Hans Hagen um 10:32:
> Tobias Hilbricht wrote:
> > Am So, den 26.12.2004 schrieb h h extern um 21:33:
> >
> > I was trying to use the macros provided by supp-fun.tex some month before,
> > but I could not get numbers instead of letters to work - see the little
> > example below. How can I solve that problem?
>
> The magic is in:
>
> \def\DroppedString{ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ}

Dear Hans,

thanks for your reply! I noticed \DroppedString in supp-fun.tex and
tried to include numbers there (to have it permanent) before I asked on
this list, but that did not work. Now after your reply I tried a
definition of \DroppedString including numbers in the document preamble,
and then it works. Is it possible to perform the extended definition of
\DroppedString in supp-fun.tex directly? Just changing

\def\DroppedString{ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ}

\def\DroppedString{ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ0123456789}

in supp-fun.tex does not work for me.

Thanks again

Yours sincerely

Tobias Hilbricht