Hans Hagen wrote:
btw, if you patch enco-il2 by

  \startcoding[il2][il2] % second entry

and regenerate the format you have a regime for free -)

OK. That is the game. Chars were born.

I prepared a quick comparision of Czech/Slovak accented letters (Latin Modern v. CS Fonts). See http://typokvitek.com/tmp/latin.pdf

Font design is very subjective game, I know. There is my comment:
1) LM has very ugly caron
2) caron is too high at both capitals and minuscules
3) ring is lifeless/faint
4) acute is OK; I would prefer vertical position somewhere inbetween LM an CS, but CS are consistent with tight accents (acute and caron)
5) \v t: caron is too low (does not look as neither ligature connection nor separate accent

No kernings checking for now, just glyph drawing. I can ask LM author (Boguslaw Jackowski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ?) about his opinion. But the current tests (especially points 1,2,3) prevent me from the LM font usage in ConTeXt.

So, for me, there are two possibilities to fullfil my aesthetic feeling:
2) simple switch to set complete CS fonts environment (I use the next code, but it is just a quick hack:
\loadmapfile[il2-ams-cmr.map]
\definetypeface[computer-modern][il2] \setupbodyfont[modern]

I prefer the second variant. Can we find its solution?

Thank
vit