Dear ConTeXt-users,

I'm trying to typeset a small book using ConTeXt (TeXLive 2004), and use the following setup:

\setupbodyfont[rm,12pt]

\definepapersize[BOOK][width=140mm,height=210mm]

\setuppapersize[BOOK][A4]
\setuplayout[
[topspace=24mm,
 header=8mm,
 headerdistance=10mm,
 backspace=19.5mm,
 leftmargin=15.5mm,
 rightmargin=23mm,
 footerdistance=5mm,
 footer=4mm,
 height=fit,
 width=fit,
 marking=on,
 location=middle]

Page breaks are usually calculated automatically by TeX, but I notice that in my case they turn out to be very bad. A lot of pages are involved, so I wonder how this can be improved? Sometimes even 3 lines could be added without any difficulty to a page by TeX before inserting a page break!

I've tried to use \adaptlayout but it doesn't seem to work, no effect!

Has it perhaps something to do with the setup I use?

Regards,
   Geert

--
Geert C.H.M. Verhaag
St. Jorisstraat 29

Tel.: (+31)-774742493, E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]