Hello contexers,
I don't understand why, but if I update by rsync'ing, i still got an old version of Context. Below is what i do :
doing (today) :
cd C:\cwrsync
rsync -r -v www.pragma-pod.com::mswin C:\mytex\usr\local\context\tex
cd ..
cd mytex\usr\local\context\tex
setuptex
texexec --make --alone --all

adding shortcut path + scite thumbnail to :
   C:\mytex\cstart.bat

when I launch Scite, when I check version, I got

>texexec --verbose
TeXExec 5.2.3 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2004
current path : C:/Documents and Settings/olivier/Local Settings/Temp
locating ini file : kpsewhiching texexec.ini on scripts
locating ini file : kpsewhiching texexec.ini elsewhere
locating ini file : kpsewhiching texexec.rme on scripts
locating ini file : not found by kpsewhich, using '.rme' file
reading : c:\mytex\usr\local\context\tex\texmf-local/scripts/context/perl/texexec.rme
setting : 'TeXShell' to 'tetex' for 'all'
setting : 'UseEnginePath' to 'false' for 'all'
setting : 'UsedInterfaces' to 'en nl metafun mptopdf' for 'all'
setting : 'UserInterface' to 'en' for 'all'
setting : 'TeXExecutable' to 'tex' for 'all'
setting : 'MpExecutable' to 'mpost' for 'all'
setting : 'MpToTeXExecutable' to 'mpto' for 'all'
setting : 'DviToMpExecutable' to 'dvitomp' for 'all'
setting : 'DviSpecialScript' to 'dvispec' for 'all'
setting : 'MpFormat' to 'metafun' for 'all'
setting : 'TeXFormatFlag' to '&' for 'all'
setting : 'MpFormatFlag' to '&' for 'all'
setting : 'TeXHashExecutable' to 'mktexlsr' for 'tetex'
setting : 'TeXExecutable' to 'pdfetex' for 'tetex'
setting : 'TeXVirginFlag' to '-ini' for 'tetex'
setting : 'TeXPassString' to '-progname=context' for 'tetex'
setting : 'TeXBatchFlag' to '-int=batchmode' for 'tetex'
setting : 'TeXNonStopFlag' to '-int=nonstopmode' for 'tetex'
setting : 'MpToTeXExecutable' to 'mpto' for 'tetex'
setting : 'MpVirginFlag' to '-ini' for 'tetex'
setting : 'MpPassString' to '-progname=mpost' for 'tetex'
setting : 'MpBatchFlag' to '-int=batchmode' for 'tetex'
setting : 'MpNonStopFlag' to '-int=nonstopmode' for 'tetex'
setting : 'TeXVirginFlag' to '-ini -translate-file=natural.tcx' for 'tetex'
setting : 'MpVirginFlag' to '-ini -translate-file=natural.tcx' for 'tetex'
setting : 'TeXPassString' to '-progname=context -translate-file=natural.tcx' for 'tetex'
setting : 'MpPassString' to '-progname=mpost -translate-file=natural.tcx' for 'tetex'

used setting : TeXShell = tetex
used setting : SetupPath =
used setting : UserInterface = en
used setting : UsedInterfaces = en nl metafun mptopdf
used setting : TeXFontsPath = .
used setting : MpExecutable = mpost
used setting : MpToTeXExecutable = mpto
used setting : DviToMpExecutable = dvitomp
used setting : TeXProgramPath =
used setting : TeXFormatPath =
used setting : ConTeXtPath =
used setting : TeXScriptsPath =
used setting : TeXHashExecutable = mktexlsr
used setting : TeXExecutable = pdfetex
used setting : TeXVirginFlag = -ini -translate-file=natural.tcx
used setting : TeXBatchFlag = -int=batchmode
used setting : TeXNonStopFlag = -int=nonstopmode
used setting : MpBatchFlag = -int=batchmode
used setting : MpNonStopFlag = -int=nonstopmode
used setting : TeXPassString = -progname=context -translate-file=natural.tcx
used setting : TeXFormatFlag = &
used setting : MpFormatFlag = &
used setting : MpVirginFlag = -ini -translate-file=natural.tcx
used setting : MpPassString = -progname=mpost -translate-file=natural.tcx
used setting : MpFormat = metafun
used setting : MpFormatPath =
used setting : UseEnginePath = 0
used setting : FmtLanguage =
used setting : FmtBodyFont =
used setting : FmtResponse =
used setting : TcXPath =
used setting : SetFile =

applications will use : c:\mytex\usr\local\context\tex\texmf-local/web2c/texmf.cnf
generating format : not using fmtutil

               --help   overview of all options and their values
           --help all   all about all options
         --help short   just the main options
  --help mode ... pdf   all about a few options
       --help '*.pdf'   all about options containing 'pdf'

more info http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/mtexexec.pdf

       total run time : 0 seconds
Kpathsea released!

As the deepness of my knowledege in paths, scripts, hidden stuff is limited to the surface, i can't explain this difference.

Thanks for any answer

--
Olivier TURLIER
Formation & Métiers