Hello Gerben,

[...]

>> Things that were defined using \definedescription rely on \par as a
>> delimiter.

> What this introduces is that the working of the ascii file depends on its
> layout.

I completely agree with you here. This description - \par thing has
been on the mailinglist a couple times. But: that is TeX (you know that,
but I wanted to point this out again). TeX is really sensitive to
source layout. LaTeX is doing a good job to remove a lot of
dependencies, but does not do a perfect job. In some places, ConTeXt
is a bit worse. But you will come across this only on some older
definitions like \definedescription.

Patrick
--
ConTeXt wiki: http://contextgarden.net