Hans,

That's not enough. There is another problem when ConTeXt text has to be
rendered from inside MetaPost graphics. Consider the following code:

\starttext
\startuseMPgraphic{mptest}
  label (btex test etex, origin);
\stopuseMPgraphic
\useMPgraphic{mptest}
\stoptext

Even with the patch for texexec.pl ($cmd =~ s/([^\\])\&/$1\\\&/io ;), it
fails.

The problem occurs during the call to:

        pdfetex  -progname=context \&cont-en

from within texexec.pl.

But surprisingly, it compiles successfully with the '\&' fix in
texexec.ini. I guess that pdfetex has to call ConTeXt somehow in order
to produce the `btex/etex' output, but that instance of ConTeXt doesn't
do the shell escaping correctly.

Any clue? What script should I look into?

Regards,

David