Hi Taco and all,

I found a temporary solution: Given a \start-\stopnarrower environment like

\definestartstop
  [quote]
  [before={\startnarrower[1*middle]\blank[big]},
    after={\stopnarrower\blank[big]}]

Then the following will avoid the overfull box:

\let\normalinmargin\inmargin
\def\inmargin#1{{\parindent0pt \normalinmargin{#1}}}

\def\INMARGIN#1{\advance\leftskip by -2\parindent
                \inmargin{#1}
                \advance\rightskip by -2\parindent}

Of course this solution is not general, and depends on the actual setup of
\start-\stopnarrower. The general problem with \inmargin appears to be that
all parindents need to be reset.

I could not find a correct way to incorporate my solution above into Taco's
original definition. If any of you have a better idea, please let me know!

Best
Idris