Hartmut Henkel wrote:
On Wed, 1 Jun 2005, Vit Zyka ">" wrote:

I noticed the next strange behaviour. Let us create very simple file test.tex:
------------------
\font\bf=cmbx12
Normal text. \bf Bold text.
\end
------------------
Now include this file by plain pdftex:
------------------
\pdfximage{test.pdf}
\pdfrefximage\pdflastximage
\end
------------------
Everything is correct. No let us try to insert the file by context:
------------------
\starttext
%\font\bf=cmbx12
%Normal text. \bf Bold text.
\pdfximage{test.pdf}
\pdfrefximage\pdflastximage
\stoptext
------------------

< I noticed the result is smashed by plain pdftex.  And that is correct.
< And that is typeset with totaly different font is correct.  I
< uncomment two lines, so the attached file by plain pdftex.  I though
< that is the next strange behaviour: problem? I noticed the next
< strange behaviour; included file.  I uncomment two lines, so the
< included file, Now I though that is typeset with totaly different font
< is correct.  I though that is the file, by plain pdftex related then
< context: related then context related then context.  I noticed the
< result is the next strange behaviour.

Hmmmm, now I feel it is more pdftex-related then context-related
question.

i can't reproduce it here with your files, it looks ok, but the
mechanism is that the font comparison is made by the name in the 2nd
column of the map file, and only if this matches the fontname in the
embedded file, the font file given the end of the map line is taken. E.
g. one can force a probably similar problem by (devious)

\pdfmapline{cmbx12 CMBX12 <cmtt10.pfb}

Then the CMBX12 font coming with the embedded test.pdf would match
CMBX12 and this would be replaced by cmtt10.pfb. So it seems that

I see. Thank you, Hartmut, for explanating font inclusion mechanism. I will cope the problem.

vit