Xiao Jianfeng wrote:

> Nikolai Weibull wrote:

> > Xiao Jianfeng wrote:

> > >Could someone give me some hints about how to indent the first
> > >paragraph in Chinese processing ?

> > Is this about setting the indentnext option to no perhaps?

> Normally, all paragraphs are indented in Chinese documents. But when I
> use "\setupindenting[first,medium]" to setup indentation for every
> paragraph, it has no effect on the first paragraph at all. I can't
> change the indentation even I put "indenting[...]" before the first
> paragraph.

Yes, I get the same results.  \indent doesn't work either.

I took a look on the code dealing with \setupindenting and it seems as
if first is being processed correctly.  The problem seems to be in
\presetindentation, and redefining it slightly seems to help:

\setupindenting
  [first,medium]
\def\presetindentation
  {\ifindentfirstparagraph\doindentation\else\noindentation\fi}
\starttext
\chapter{First}
\input tufte
\stoptext

I don't in any way guarantee that this is the right way to solve it, but it
works,
        nikolai