Adam Lindsay wrote:
\definetypeface[somename][mm][math][euler][euler]
\setupbodyfont[somename]
\starttext
$$\sqrt{\acute{a}+\bar{b}+\dot{c}}$$
\stoptext

I don't get any accents. Am I doing something wrong?

No, I am.

You can verify further by adding:
\loadmapfile[original-ams-base]
\showmathcharacters

The normal text-ish accents are not present in the eulervm fonts. I
suppose the rationale is that these are never to be used for text (but
it becomes questionable when you don't have an overbar or dot!)
I have tried to figure out how to get them from other fonts, but am at a
loss, in terms of the general case.

No one has mentioned it before now, so I didn't try that hard. :)
Anyone have any suggestions on what approach to take, or what they'd
like to see?

Apart from creating some new virtual euler font with accents I can not see any solution. Beforementioned commands (\acute ...) do not work in \mbox and \hbox in math mode (writes about '{' and '}' missing).

Another strange thing. After this sequence:

\usetypescript [modern-base] [t2a] % just for example
\setupbodyfont [modern]

\definetypeface[mytf][mm][math][euler][euler]

\startbuffer
$$\sqrt{\acute{a}+\bar{b}+\dot{c}}$$
\stopbuffer

\starttext