Radhelorn wrote:

Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:

Am 2005-07-14 um 15:49 schrieb Radhelorn:

I'm expirementing with tabular layouts and have many problems with tabulate. For example I want to make tabulate header of description but ConTeXt gives me errors about missing } and such. I is possible to make tabulate "one big letter" as in LaTeX and manipuate it as a whole? I haven't any luck with combinations of vbox/hbox. Maybe there is ConTeXish way to do this?

Try buffers;
try \bgroup ... \egroup instead of {...} in definitions;
try to post a minimal example of what you did, so that we don't have to search for our crystal balls in order to help you.

Here is one:

\starttext
\definetyping[test][option=commands]
\starttest
/BTEX\vbox\starttabulate
\NC test \NC test \NR
\NC test \NC test \NR
\stoptabulate/ETEX
\stoptest
\stoptext

Maybe I'm abusing tabular because TeXish \settabs will do for many cases but I want to use some of tabular features.

what do you want to achieve? why do you need the typing?